Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Gingerbread Houses and Other Christmas Treats

This our first attempt at gingerbread houses. I actually used a cookie cutter set which made it very easy. I have to admit that I used my standard cookie recipe that I am known for instead of gingerbread. We made 2 of them, Clarissa and Joey against Patrick and I. We were up till 1:00 a.m. making a big mess of the kitchen with royal icing and assorted candies.
Clarissa and Joey's creation.

Patrick and Claudine's gingerbread house.Yule Log made with chocolate jelly roll filled with chocolate mousse and ganache filling. It was iced with chocolate buttercream. How cute are these little hamburgers! I can't take credit for them. Way to go Julie (Mesi Holden)! I told her she should start her own blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment